For the Crust
- ½ cup raw almonds (1/2 cup after chopped)
- 1 sleeve graham crackers (9 full crackers)
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 tablespoon almond butter (or any nut butter such as cashew or peanut but almond butter is best. Available in any average supermarket)
For the Filling
- 2 8-ounce packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 13-ounce jar Nutella, or make our homemade version
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
For the Topping
- 1 cup heavy cream
- In a food processor, chop almonds to a semi fine ground. Remove to a medium bowl.
- In the food processor, grind graham crackers to a crumb size. Add to almonds in bowl.
- Stir almonds and crackers then add butter and almond butter. Mix to combine.
- In a 9 inch spring form pan, press mixture into bottom working a little up the sides (about ¾ of an inch high). Use thumb and index finger to push it against the sides and bottom to make a nice neat crust. Refrigerate for one hour.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with paddle attachment, add all filling ingredients and mix to combine.
- Scrape into center of prepared crust and with a spatula, work to the edge but not over the top of the edge. Smooth the top, cover with plastic and refrigerate for four hours or overnight.
- Once set, remove from spring form pan.
- Whip cream and place in pastry bag with star tip. Decorate top of cheesecake in your own design, cut and serve.