- 14 wooden skewers
- 2 tablespoons finely minced garlic
- ¼ cup red onion shredded on large holes of box grater and squeezed of all liquid
- ¼ cup fresh parsley minced
- ¼ cup fresh mint minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger grated
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons Garam Masala
- 1 pound ground lamb
- Greek flat bread (sold in bread section of supermarkets) or see our Gluten Free Flat Bread recipe here
- Shredded lettuce
- Diced tomato
- Tzatziki sauce, see here
- Soak skewers in water for two hours or longer.
- If using an outdoor grill, heat to medium heat. Or use a ribbed grill pan on your stove.
- In a medium bowl, mix all ingredients except lamb until combined. Then add lamb and mix just enough to combine without over working the meat.
- Form into seven oval shaped patties.
- Place two skewers side by side into each. (Two makes it easy to flip on grill).
- Gill over medium heat flipping halfway through to a nicely seared exterior and cooked to your liking on the inside. We cooked ours to medium which took about 12-15 minutes.
- To serve, place one or two patties on open flat bread and top with shredded lettuce, chopped tomato and a generous drizzle of Tzatziki.