For Chai Sugar Topping
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ½ tablespoon Chai Spice Mix
For the Cookie Squares
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick), softened to room temperature
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- ½ cup canola oil
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray an 11×15-inch baking/jelly roll pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Make the Chai Sugar Topping by placing ¼ cup granulated sugar and ½ tablespoon of the Chai Spice Mix in a small bowl. Stir to combine. Set aside.
- In a bowl, sift together flour, salt and baking soda and stir to combine. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add oil, eggs, milk and vanilla extract and mix again to combine.
- Slowly add the flour mixture to the mixing bowl with the butter and egg mixture, mixing very thoroughly to combine.
- Pour batter evenly into prepared pan, using an offset spatula to spread the batter to the corners. Sprinkle the top evenly with the prepared Chai Sugar Topping.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until the edges are light brown. Cool for 10 minutes in the pan. Cut into 24 squares.