For the Apples:
- 9–10 large apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon salt
For the Topping:
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup oats
- ½ cup butter (1 stick) cut into 1-inch pieces
- Vanilla ice cream, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Spray a large casserole dish or 9×13-inch glass baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the apple slices, sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Toss to coat the apples and transfer to the prepared baking dish.
- To make the topping, combine the flour, brown sugar and oats in a medium bowl. Add the butter pieces, and with your fingers, rub the butter in the mixture until it resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle this mixture over the apples.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until the topping is crisp and golden and the inside is warm and bubbly.
- Let sit for about 30 minutes before serving with vanilla ice cream
Keywords: apple, Fall,