- 2 cans Del Monte® Zucchini with Italian Style Tomato Sauce
- 1 can Del Monte® Diced Tomatoes
- 3 cups vegetable stock, divided
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ¾ cup shallots, sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- ½ teaspoon dry marjoram
- 1 1/3 cups Arborio rice
- ½ cup white wine
- 1/3 cup sun dry tomatoes, chopped or sliced (if packed in oil, drain)
- ¼ cup fresh Italian flat leaf parsley chopped plus some for garnish
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Place a strainer over a medium bowl or container and pour the two cans of Zucchini and Tomato Sauce as well as Diced Tomatoes into the strainer, reserving the liquid. With a spoon, keep stirring gently until all liquid has drained into bowl. Reserve zucchini and tomatoes in a separate bowl and set aside.
- Add one cup of the stock to the reserved tomato liquid and reserve the rest of the stock for later in the recipe.
- In a medium to large Dutch oven or heavy bottomed pot over medium heat, place oil and shallots and sauté for two minutes. Add garlic and marjoram and stir. Cook for one minute. Add rice and cook for two more minutes stirring often.
- Add the wine and sun dried tomatoes and stir until all liquid has been absorbed. Add half the tomato-stock liquid and cook, stirring frequently until liquid has been absorbed. Add second half of tomato liquid and cook and stir until liquid has been absorbed. Add remaining 2 cups of stock ¼ cup at a time, stirring and letting liquid absorb before adding more, until all the stock has been used. (The whole process from the time the rice was added is about 30 minutes.) Test the rice for doneness. It should be al dente. Add in reserved zucchini, tomatoes, Parmesan and pepper and heat just to hot.
- Remove from heat and cover pot with the lid. Let mixture sit covered for five minutes. Remove cover, stir, adjust seasoning and serve.