- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1½ cups large diced onion
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 medium clove of garlic, sliced thin
- 1 ½ pounds fresh zucchini cut into one inch quarter rounds (if possible get the cocozelle which has light stripes running along the squash and has a more delicate flavor and thinner skin)
- 4 whole eggs
- 2½ tablespoons milk (use whole milk if possible but not crucial)
- In a large sauté pan, melt butter in oil over medium heat and add onions, salt and pepper. Cook for about ten minutes and add garlic. Cook for another five to ten minutes or until onions are nice and browned and caramelized. Remove onions to a bowl but leave fat in the pan.
- Add zucchini and sauté over medium high for about five minutes or until tender.
- While zucchini is cooking, mix eggs with milk and set aside.
- Once zucchini finishes cooking, add onions back in, reduce to medium and add egg mixture.
- Turn with a spatula or wooden spoon and cook just until the eggs are scrambled.
- Taste for salt and pepper and serve immediately.