- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 whole eggs
- 1 ¼ cups whole milk
- 4 tablespoons rendered beef fat from cooking beef, or an equal amount of olive oil if beef fat is not available (however – for the best flavor – we recommend the beef fat)
- Whisk flour, salt, eggs and milk to form a batter. Don’t worry about any lumps. Cover and refrigerate for at least two hours covered.
- After two hours, preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Add beef fat to a 9X12 roasting pan and place in hot oven for 5 minutes.
- Quickly, pour cold batter into hot fat and close the oven door quickly.
- The batter will puff and rise with high and low areas. Do not open oven during this process but check progress through oven window.
- The pudding should take about 25 minutes but check after 20 minutes, again through the window.
- Once the batter stops puffing and the top starts to get browned, remove from oven and serve immediately with roasted prime rib of beef.
- Some of the pudding will deflate which is totally fine!