- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 pound white cauliflower, about half a head, cut into florets
- 1 pound orange cauliflower, about half a head, cut into florets
- 1 pound green cauliflower, about half a head, cut into florets
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup shallots, minced
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon, minced
- 1 tablespoon capers
- Place a steamer basket in a large pot and add just enough water to reach bottom of basket. Bring to a boil covered. Sprinkle in salt and add cauliflower and bring back to a rolling simmer. Cover and cook five minutes. The cauliflower should have a little bite but be somewhat cooked. Drain and chill.
- While the cauliflower is chilling, sauté the shallots in the olive oil until translucent, about three minutes. Pour into a bowl and refrigerate.
- Once the vegetables are chilled, place cauliflower in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, place lemon juice, Dijon, salt, pepper and tarragon. While whipping, add oil and shallots.
- Pour over cauliflower and toss then top with capers and serve.