- 2–3 large skin-on russet potatoes
- 2 quarts of vegetable or canola oil in a 4 quart pot
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Using a mandoline or by hand, cut potatoes into long strips.
- Place cut potatoes into water to remove starch, then drain and dry completely using paper towels.
- Using a candy thermometer, heat oil to 325 degrees F.
- Cook in two batches for three minutes each keeping burner on high to maintain temperature.
- Remove using a spider or strainer to a sheet pan, but do not place on paper towels to drain yet.
- Heat the same oil to 375 degrees and add pre-cooked potatoes and cook for three more minutes cooking in two batches.
- Place each batch on paper towels to drain then place on sheet tray. Lightly salt. Place in the oven to keep hot until the second batch is cooked.
- Serve with your favorite condiment.