We found a lemon pepper smoked bluefish at our local seafood market and used it for this recipe, so you can see more black pepper in our Smoked Bluefish Pâté photographs here, than you normally would see if you use a plain smoked bluefish when preparing this recipe.
- ½ pound smoked bluefish, any skin removed
- 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1 tablespoon horseradish
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 heaping teaspoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 heaping teaspoon finely chopped onion
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In the bowl of a food processer, break up the bluefish by pulsing a few times.
- Add all of the other ingredients.
- Pulse on and off until fully combined.
- Serve in a bowl along with some crackers or bread. Or if desired, put the softened mixture into a large pastry bag fitted with a large star tip and pipe onto the crackers.