- 1¼ pounds 80/20 ground beef
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 6-ounce cans tomato juice (or 18 ounces homemade tomato juice)
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar or corn syrup
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 pound carrots, peeled and quartered
- 1 pound Russet potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1½ pounds green cabbage cut into four wedges (about half a medium head)
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- Mix ground beef with salt, pepper, onion and garlic powder. Form into 12 patties.
- In a heavy bottomed medium pan with lid, heat oil over medium high. Once hot, place the 12 patties in not touching each other. Brown on both sides as you would a hamburger.
- Add tomato juice, agave, paprika, carrots, potatoes, cabbage and caraway. Cover and bring to a medium simmer and cook 30-35 minutes until vegetables are tender.
- Remove from heat and serve.