1 clove garlic minced
2 teaspoons minced fresh jalapeño or Serrano or Poblano chili peppers, stemmed and seeded (see Note below if you substitute jarred jalapeño )
2 tablespoons minced red onion
1 teaspoon minced cilantro
1 14-ounce can diced tomatoes (San Marzano or Roma)
Juice from one lime
1 teaspoon Rocket Fuel or your favorite hot sauce
¼ teaspoon salt
Tortilla chips, for serving
- Place garlic, chili peppers, red onion and cilantro in food processor and pulse a few times until mixture is finely chopped.
- Add the can of diced tomatoes, juice and all and give one quick pulse just to break up the large chunks of tomatoes. Pour into a bowl.
- Add all other ingredients to the bowl and stir. Adjust heat by adding more Rocket Fuel if desired.
- Let mixture sit in the refrigerator for one hour to meld flavors.
- Stir and serve with tortilla chips.
Note: If you use jarred pickled jalapeño instead of fresh, use less. The jarred peppers usually contain the seeds and pulp which is where a good deal of the heat is stored.
Keywords: Restaurant-Style Salsa