For the Sauce
- 1 14-ounce can whole berry cranberry sauce
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, (2 more tablespoons if you like it on the sweeter side)
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup Ruby Red 100% pure grapefruit juice, unsweetened
- 1 cup whole cranberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 tablespoon grapefruit zest
- 2 large or 3 medium pink grapefruits, peeled and flesh removed from pulp (about three cups of grapefruit sections)
For the Chicken
- 3–4 pounds cut up bone-in and skin-on chicken (breast, thighs, drum sticks and wings)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium pot, place all sauce ingredients except grapefruit sections. Bring to a boil and simmer for ten minutes then remove from heat.
- Pat chicken dry then salt and pepper both sides.
- In a large skillet or fry pan, melt butter in oil over medium high. When the butter starts to froth, place half the chicken pieces skin side down and cook four minutes. Flip and cook four more minutes (we recommend that you use a splatter screen to avoid a mess). Move seared chicken to a 9X13 baking dish skin up. Cook second half of chicken the same way and place in casserole dish with the first half.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken and cover the pan with parchment paper then foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and discard paper and foil and cover the tops with the grapefruit sections and bake for 15 more minutes.
- Serve chicken pieces with hot grapefruit sections and sauce over top.