- 1 cup rinsed quinoa (Look for pre-rinsed quinoa such as Bob’s Red Mill one !important; margin:0px !important;” />)
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- ½ cup roughly chopped pecans
- ½ cup currants
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian leaf parsley
- Zest from ½ large orange
- ½ tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Segments from one large naval orange, cleaned of all skin and seeds
- Bring quinoa, water and stock to a boil in a small to medium covered pan. Lower heat and simmer 12 minutes. Turn off burner and leave covered for 15 minutes. Fluff with fork and lay out flat on a plate or tray and refrigerate until chilled. Fluff with fork again.
- Add cooked quinoa to a medium bowl and add all other ingredients. Mix and serve immediately, or store overnight refrigerated to allow flavors to blend together even more.