- ¼ cup shelled walnuts
- ½ cup pitted Medjool dates
- ½ cup hot water
- Pinch of ground cinnamon
- Pinch of kosher salt
- 1 cup vanilla ice cream
- ¾ cup cracked ice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place ¼ cup of walnuts on a rimmed baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes – tossing the nuts midway through the cooking time – until slightly darkened in color. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- While nuts are cooling, place dates and hot water in a small bowl and soak for 10 minutes.
- Place dates and their soaking liquid, walnuts, cinnamon and salt in the bowl of a mini-food processor. Pulse, then process until a coarse paste forms.
- Place ice cream, ice, and the date paste into a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Pour into glasses and serve immediately.