- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup quick oats (not rolled oats)
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 whole egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, quick oats, baking soda, cream of tartar, cinnamon and salt to combine.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, combine butter and both sugars and beat until fluffy. Add egg and vanilla and mix again.
- With mixer running, slowly add dry to wet to form a thick dough. Mix just to combine. (Can also be done by hand with a wooden spoon).
- Divide dough into 30 balls rolling by hand.
- Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon in a medium bowl and roll each dough ball in sugar mixture then onto cookie sheets (15 per tray). Flatten just slightly leaving them thick.
- Bake 8-9 minutes or until edges are firm and tops are golden.
- Slide parchment onto cooling racks and after two minutes, use a spatula to remove from parchment then back onto racks to cool further. (The cookies come out puffy then deflate a bit as they cool.)
Keywords: oatmeal snickerdoodle