- 8 ounces uncooked wide egg noodles*
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 8 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 6 eggs
- 10 ounces canned evaporated milk
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1 cup golden raisins
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cook egg noodles according to package instructions until al dente (cooked but still firm). Drain well and toss with butter.
- While noodles are cooking, in a large bowl with a mixer, combine cream cheese, sugar and eggs until smooth.
- Add cooked, buttered noodles to the cream cheese mixture and by hand, gently stir to combine.
- Add both milks and raisins and gently stir again.
- Pour mixture into a deep oval casserole dish like we show in our photo, or into a 13×9-inch casserole dish. If using the 13×9-inch casserole dish, baking time will be less.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes until custard is set and lightly golden on top. The timing depends on whether you use a deep dish or a shallow dish.
- Allow to cool slightly before serving.
Last Step! Please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.
* We recommend using the short, wide egg noodles for this recipe – sometimes called “dumplings” or “hearty homestyle” depending on the brand that you buy.