If you are using live lobsters that you will cook yourself, the yield is about 25%. So for four pounds of live lobsters, you will end up with one pound of cooked meat (give or take a few ounces depending on the size of the lobsters. The smaller the lobster, the lower the yield). Prep time below does not include cooking time for lobster. Cooking times for live lobsters can be found here.
- 1 pound cooked lobster meat cut into bite sized chunks
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup finely chopped celery (use tender inner stalks)
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons green tops from a scallion, minced fine
- 1 dash hot sauce (we like Cholula)
- Pinch is salt
- Few grinds freshly ground black pepper
- Split-top hot dog rolls
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Optional – lettuce for serving.
- Place the cooked lobster meat in large bowl.
- In a separate, smaller bowl combine the mayonnaise, lemon juice, celery, parsley, scallion, hot sauce, and salt and pepper. Mix and taste for seasoning. Once you have the seasoning to your liking, add to the cooked lobster meat and mix.
- Brush both sides of rolls with butter and toast both sides in a medium fry pan over medium heat until nicely browned.
- Divide the lobster salad between each roll per your preference. Some serve lettuce under the lobster salad but we like it without, your choice.