- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded carrots (3–4 medium carrots, peeled before shredding)
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut (sweetened or unsweetened)
- 1/2 cup shredded apple (about 1 medium apple, cored and peeled before shredding)
- 1/4 cup flaxseed (optional)
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 12 muffin cups with paper muffin liners (or grease a non-stick muffin pan).
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Stir in the carrots, raisins, chopped walnuts, coconut, shredded apple and flaxseed. Mix until well blended.
- In a separate smaller bowl, whisk together the eggs, oil and vanilla. Pour the egg mixture into the carrot/flour mixture and stir just until moistened.
- Scoop batter into prepared muffin cups. (Note that the muffin cups will be very full which is OK as these muffins rise only slightly during the baking process.)
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 20-25 minutes. They will be done when the centers are still slightly soft but a toothpick inserted into the center of the muffin comes out clean.
Keywords: Morning Glory Muffins