- 1 9-inch baked pie crust (see our How To Blind Bake a Pie Crust)
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup milk
- 3 beaten egg yolks
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 packed tablespoon finely shredded lemon peel (approximately 2 lemons)
- ¼ cup lemon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 8-ounce container sour cream
- 2 cup fresh blueberries, rinsed and cleaned
- Optional: Sweetened whipped cream and lemon slices for garnish
- Prepare a baked pie crust according to your recipe instructions and let cool completely.
- In a medium saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch, milk, egg yolks, butter and lemon peel. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture is thick and bubbly. Cook and stir for two minutes more. Remove from the heat and stir in the lemon juice.
- Pour the mixture into a large mixing bowl and immediately cover with plastic wrap, pushing down and making sure that the plastic is touching the top of the lemon curd so that a skin doesn’t form. Let cool to room temperature.
- When the lemon curd has cooled, gently stir in the sour cream and blueberries, taking care not to break the blueberries. When mixed completely, pour into your baked pie crust.
- Cover and chill at least 4 hours.
- If desired, serve with sweetened whipped cream and garnish with lemon slices.