Note: These cucumbers are marinated and not fermented (like kimchi) and as a result, will only last around 4 days in your refrigerator once you’ve prepared this recipe.
- 2 pounds skin-on Melissa’s Mini Cucumbers, cut lengthwise into sticks 1 ½ inches long by a half inch wide.
- ½ pound daikon, peeled and cut into match stick-sized pieces
- 1 bunch scallions (about 2 ounces), cut on the bias into half inch slices, white and greens
- 3 tablespoons hot pepper paste, (found in the Asian section of most supermarkets)
- 1 teaspoon shrimp paste (found in the Asian section of most supermarkets)
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce, (found in the Asian section of most supermarkets)
- 1 tablespoon finely minced fresh garlic
- 2 tablespoons finely minced fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil
- In a large bowl, toss cucumbers, daikon and scallions.
- In a small bowl combine all other ingredients then mix with the cucumber mixture.
- Cover tightly and let sit overnight.
- Stir and serve. Discard any remaining liquid.