- 1 15.25-ounce box yellow cake mix
- 1 3.9-ounce box instant chocolate pudding mix (we used instant chocolate fudge flavor pudding)
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup water
- ¾ cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Butter and flour to prepare a 10” Bundt pan
- 1 cup half and half or heavy cream
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 tablespoon Dark Rum
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, mix all cake ingredients except chips with a wooden spoon until smooth. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Butter and flour a 10” Bundt pan, tapping out any loose flour.
- Pour batter into pan spreading evenly.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes in center of oven until a tooth pick poked into the cake comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes then invert onto a cooling rack. Cool to room temperature.
- Transfer cake to a serving plate.
- Make the ganache after the cake has cooled. Heat cream to hot and remove from heat just as it begins to start to boil. Do not let it boil.
- Add chocolate and let sit five minutes then stir with a whisk to melt all of the chocolate.
- Add butter and rum and whisk. Cool slightly, about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Drizzle the ganache over the cake covering as much of the surface as possible, letting the ganche drip down the sides of the cake.
- Cut into slices to serve.
Keywords: Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cake