- 2 pounds yellow potatoes such as Yukon Gold (or mini yellow potatoes)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic
- ¼ cup white wine
- 1/3 cup vegetable stock
- 1/3 cup water
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
- ½ tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- ½ tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- If using large potatoes, cut them into two inch cubes. If using mini potatoes, keep whole. Do not peel either variety.
- In a heavy bottomed pan or pot (we used a 5 quart dutch oven with a tight fitting lid), place potatoes, butter, garlic, wine, vegetable stock, water, pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Cover and bring to a boil then reduce to low so that the mixture just barely bubbles. Check for doneness at about the 15-20 minute mark. Cook just until tender and the skins have not started to peel off. Be careful to keep heat low and that they don’t stick. If they start to stick before they are cooked, add another ¼ cup of water and keep cooking. Also be careful not to mix around too much so they don’t break apart.
- Remove from heat and gentle toss with the fresh herbs and serve.