Note: The secret to this oil is to never let the oil get higher than 100 degrees F, otherwise the oil and flavorings will scorch.
- 2 cups of a good-quality extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup fresh basil, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh thyme, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon granulated garlic or 5–6 fresh garlic cloves minced fine
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon whole fennel seeds
- Add the oil to a small sauce pan and heat to 100 degrees F using a candy thermometer or a probe thermometer. Once at 100 degrees, add all of the remaining ingredients. Maintain 100 degrees for ten minutes and then remove from heat.
- Once cool, store refrigerated for up to two weeks.