A delicious variation to your typical breaded boneless baked chicken breast.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 2 pounds)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 6 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 3 cups of seasoned bread crumbs or enough to coat chicken
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray a 9X13 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Trim any visible fat from the chicken breasts.
- Mix mayonnaise and horseradish until blended in a medium sized bowl.
- Spread breadcrumbs out on a plate.
- Dip chicken in mayonnaise mixture on both sides until well coated. Shake off any excess. Then lay chicken in breadcrumbs turning to coat on both sides.
- Place breasts in prepared pan. Spray the top of the chicken with cooking spray until crumbs are coated. (There is enough fat in the mayonnaise that you don’t need any more fat to coat the crumbs so cooking spray works really well to help the bread crumbs brown while baking.)
- Bake at 425 degrees until cooked through, about 20-25 minutes. Cooking time will vary depending on thickness of breast.
- Note: Use the “poke test” to test for doneness. If you poke the thickest part with your finger and it bounces back, it is done. Or, use a probe thermometer inserted into thickest part of the breast and remove from the oven when the internal temperature reaches 155-160 degrees. It will cook a little longer out of the oven with a final temperature of 165 degrees.