- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 2 medium garlic cloves chopped
- 4 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 14-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon coriander
- ½ teaspoon Rocket Fuel or your favorite hot sauce
- Sauté onions in oil over medium heat for 4 minutes or until translucent. Add garlic and sauté for one minute. Add tomato paste and sauté for an additional minute. Add all other ingredients and bring to a simmer and cook for about five minutes to blend flavors.
- With an emulsion blender or in a blender, puree until smooth.