- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons finely grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Drain chickpeas in a strainer and rinse. Place chickpeas on several layers of paper towels and blot to dry completely. (This step is important to ensure that your chickpeas will get crispy.)
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil until it starts to glisten. Add chickpeas to hot skillet (be careful of any splattering) and cook until golden brown and crispy all over – approximately 20 minutes – stirring occasionally.
- Once cooked, transfer chickpeas to a bowl. Sprinkle cheese, garlic powder, lemon zest, oregano, salt and pepper over the chickpeas and toss to coat.
- Cool seasoned chickpeas on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Serve immediately or store in an airtight container.