- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup Golden Delicious apples, peeled and diced
- ½ cup Apple Jack brandy, or other apple liqueur (we used this)
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup whole milk
- ½ cup light cream
- ½ stick melted butter
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ teaspoons salt
- Powdered sugar or vanilla ice cream for serving (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees with the oven rack placed in the top third of the oven.
- Butter a standard 9” glass pie plate. *See note below recipe.
- Over medium heat, simmer cranberries, apples, brandy or liqueur, cinnamon and lemon zest for 10-12 minutes until syrupy.
- Using a blender, food processor or hand mixer, mix eggs, milk, cream, butter, sugar, flour, vanilla and salt on low speed just until combined.
- Pour fruit mixture into buttered pie dish. Pour egg mixture over fruit and bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean, being careful not to overbake or else the custard will come out rubbery.
- Serve warm with powdered sugar or vanilla ice cream.
*A glass pie plate is really the best baking dish for this recipe. We’ve made this Cranberry Apple Clafoutis in both stoneware baking dishes and metal pans, and the glass dish yielded a creamier clafoutis. If you don’t have a glass pie plate, just be careful not to over bake this dessert.