- 6 slices of bacon
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced or pushed through a garlic press
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup non-fat Greek yogurt (or sour cream)
- 4 cups fresh whole corn kernels (See our How to Cut Fresh Corn Kernels Off the Cob) – about 4-5 medium corn cobs
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook bacon in a large skillet until crisp. Remove the bacon from the skillet and reserve two tablespoons of the bacon fat. Place cooked bacon onto several paper towels to drain and cool, then crumble. Set aside.
- Sauté the chopped onions in the same skillet with the reserved bacon fat and cook until translucent. Stir in the flour, minced garlic, salt and pepper and cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and stir in the yogurt, corn, parsley and half of the crumbled bacon. Mix well.
- Pour the corn mixture into a 1-quart baking dish. Sprinkle the remaining bacon evenly over the top of the casserole.
- Bake uncovered for approximately 20 minutes or until heated through. After the casserole comes out of the oven sprinkle with chopped basil and serve.
Keywords: corn, bacon