- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 2 cups diced onion
- 2 large ribs celery chopped or sliced (about one cup)
- 3 pounds carrots peeled and diced or sliced
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh ginger
- 2 quarts chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ cup honey
- 1 ½ cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Candied ginger and finely julienned carrots for garnish, optional
- In a large Dutch oven, melt butter over medium high heat, add garlic, onion, celery, carrots and ginger. Cook stirring often for ten minutes. Add stock and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook about 20-25 minutes until vegetables are tender.
- Remove from heat and add coriander, ground ginger and honey. With an emulsion blender, puree until smooth. Add cream, salt and pepper and mix to combine.
- Reheat slightly and serve. Garnish with candied ginger and finely julienned carrots if desired.