Note: The garlic can be increased based on your tastes. We started with three teaspoons (1 tablespoon) as noted in the original recipe we adapted but it seemed like a bit too much garlic. So our version calls for only two teaspoons, but feel free to adjust based on your own tastes!
- 8 ounce package of room temperature cream cheese
- 1 stick room temperature butter
- 2 teaspoons finely minced fresh garlic, see note
- ½ teaspoon Mediterranean dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoon dried marjoram
- ½ teaspoon dried chives (1 teaspoon if using fresh)
- ¼ teaspoon dried tarragon
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley
- ¼ teaspoon finely ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix thoroughly to combine.
- Cover tightly and allow the mixture sit overnight to really meld the flavors.
- Serve at room temperature or mix into your favorite recipes.
- Store refrigerated for up to two weeks.