- 2½ cups Honey Nut Cheerios cereal
- 1 cup shelled walnuts
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder, plus more for sprinkling
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ¼ cup good quality Kentucky bourbon
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- In a food processor, crush Cheerios until crumbs form. Do not over mix. Set aside.
- In the same food processor, do the same with the walnuts. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, sift cocoa powder and the one cup of powdered sugar.
- In a small bowl mix bourbon and corn syrup. Add this to the cocoa powder mixture and mix.
- Add the crushed cheerios and walnuts and mix to completely combine.
- Roll into 36 ½-ounce balls.
- Pour the ½ cup of powdered sugar into a small bowl and toss each bourbon ball until coated.
- Dust with a little more cocoa before serving.