Diluting the sesame oil with canola or grapeseed oil in this vinaigrette makes this recipe much more versatile. Using only sesame would limit the amount of recipes that this could be used in, however feel free to use all sesame if that is the flavor profile you are looking for. Also, try to use a good quality soy sauce (first ingredient listed on the label is soy and not water or salt).
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar or honey
- ¼ teaspoon chili paste or Sriracha (add more or less depending on how spicy you like it)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- ¼ cup mixed sesame oil and grapeseed oil or canola oil
- In a blender or small food processor, puree all ingredients except oils until combined. Slowly add oils with blender running until all of the oil has been added.
- Use as a dressing over salad, as a marinade for chicken or pork or as a stir fry sauce with a little corn starch added.