A quick and delicious way to prepare zucchini.
- 2 pounds zucchini (2 medium or 3–4 small zucchini)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut off both ends from the zucchini squash and discard.
- Cut the zucchini into ¼-inch thick strands using a spiralizer, a mandoline, or with a knife as follows: Cut the ends of the zucchini off, then cut it in half lengthwise. Place the squash cut-side down. Using a sharp knife, make long thin strips from one end to the other. Then stack these strips and cut long think strands from the flat strips. Aim for strands about ¼-inch thick.
- To cook, in a large non-stick skillet, melt the butter on medium high heat.
- Once the butter is melted, add in the strands of zucchini and stir to coat. Continue to cook on medium high heat for no more than two minutes, constantly but gently stirring the strands with heat-proof tongs so that the zucchini cooks evenly. Remove from heat when zucchini is still slightly crunchy – it will cook a little more from its own heat as you serve it.
- Sprinkle on the grated Parmesan cheese and stir once more to coat.
- Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper, and serve immediately.