- 1½ pounds organic boneless skinless chicken breast and thigh mix, cut into strips
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon dry thyme
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 ounces sweet onion cut into strips
- 4 ounces organic sweet bell pepper cut into strips (any combination of red, yellow and orange)
- 1 head organic Tuscan Kale, stripped from ribs and roughly chopped and rinsed (discard ribs)
- ¼ cup organic Balsamic vinegar
- 1 can pitted black olives, drained and sliced
- 10 organic sun dried tomatoes (packed in oil variety), cut into strips
- ½ cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon cold clarified butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh Whole30 pesto
- Lay out chicken strips and season both sides with salt, pepper, garlic powder and thyme.
- In a very large skillet, over high heat, pour in two tablespoons of the olive oil and let get smoking hot.
- Piece by piece, lay in half the chicken and cook for about two minutes per side, then remove to a platter.
- Repeat for remainder of the chicken.
- Add the remaining tablespoon of oil and reduce to medium high.
- Add onions and stir two minutes then add peppers and stir and cook for two additional minutes.
- Add kale including any water stuck to leaves from rinsing and toss and cook 2 more minutes.
- Add vinegar and cook for about two minutes to deglaze.
- Add olives, tomatoes, stock and cooked chicken, including any liquid from chicken.
- Cook to evaporate some of the liquid, about two minutes, then remove from heat and add cold clarified butter and pesto and toss to combine.
- Serve immediately.