- 6 strips of bacon
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 12 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese, cut into cubes
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup sour cream
- Crackers or mini-rye bread slices for serving
- In a large skillet, brown the bacon until crispy. Remove bacon from the pan and set on a paper towel to cool. Reserve 3 tablespoons of the bacon drippings.
- In the same skillet with the reserved bacon drippings, sauté the onion and mushrooms on medium-high heat until tender.
- Turn the heat down and add in the cream cheese cubes, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, pepper and salt. Stir over low heat until the cream cheese is melted.
- Crumble the cooled bacon and add to the skillet along with the sour cream. Stir to mix well and heat through.
- Serve immediately with crackers or mini-rye bread slices.
Keywords: mushroom, bacon