For the Cake
- Non-stick cooking spray with flour
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups light brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 bag (8-ounces) milk chocolate toffee pieces
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
For the Caramel Drizzle
- 14 ounces (1 can) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Spray a 12-cup bundt pan with non-stick cooking spray with flour and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the butter until light and creamy. Add both sugars and beat again until fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, mixing until blended. Alternate adding in flour mixture and milk, mixing until just combined, being careful not to over mix.
- Stir in toffee chips and pecans by hand, blending well. Spoon the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 75-80 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then invert onto a wire rack to cool completely.
Once the cake is cool, prepare the Caramel Drizzle as follows:
- Combine the sweetened condensed milk and brown sugar in a medium, heavy–bottomed saucepan. Over medium heat, bring to a boil, whisking very frequently.
- Reduce the heat under the pan and simmer gently for about 8 minutes, whisking constantly.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in butter and vanilla. Allow the mixture to sit in the pan for about 5 minutes – then drizzle over the cake. (You will want the drizzle to still be fairly hot when you drizzle it over the cake – it does harden a little after it cools.)