- 3 cups leftover cooked turnip pieces or other similar cooked root vegetables
- 4 cups cooked carrot pieces
- 1 cup cooked onion (pearl, boilers, etc.)
- 2 cups cooked green beans, or other green vegetable such as peas
- 4 cups cooked turkey cut into cubes (white and dark meat)
- 5 cups leftover gravy
- 6 cups leftover mashed potato or mashed yams
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large casserole dish (ours was 13 ½ x 10½ x 2½ inches )
- Place cooked turnip, carrots, onion, green beans, and turkey in the casserole dish and toss to evenly distribute.
- Heat gravy and pour over meat and vegetables.
- Heat potato so it is easy to spread and spread this over the top.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the potato and bake for 45 minutes until bubbly.
- Broil for a few minutes to brown the top and serve.