You can make as many or as little Sugared Sliced Almonds as you’d like. The basic ratio of this recipe is one tablespoon of sugar to one ounce of sliced almonds.
12-ounce bag of sliced almonds
¾ cup granulated sugar
- Line the baking sheet with parchment paper, then set aside.
- Pour the nuts in the skillet and spread evenly in the pan.
- Sprinkle sugar over the top of the nuts.
- Heat the skillet on the stove over medium-low heat, stirring the nuts and sugar together CONSTANTLY so the nuts begin to toast and the sugar begins to soften and slightly melt – enough to start sticking to the nuts. (This step took about 10 to 15 minutes for us. Don’t let the nuts burn.)
- Remove the pan from the heat and continue to stir the nuts in the pan for another minute or so – the residual heat will continue to toast the nuts so don’t stop stirring.
- Pour the sugared sliced almonds onto the prepared parchment-lined baking sheet to completely cool.
- Store in an air-tight container for up to a month.
Keywords: Sugared Sliced Almonds