- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 9.9 ounce bag White Chocolate Candy Corn M&M’s
- 1 cup macadamia nuts, coarsely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 13×9” baking dish with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat butter and sugar for 3 to 4 minutes – until pale and fluffy. Slowly stir in egg, egg white, cream and vanilla and mix until combined.
- With the mixer on low speed, slowly add in the dry mixture and mix until completely combined. Fold in the M&M’s and nuts and mix evenly throughout.
- Press the mixture into the prepared pan – placing a sheet of plastic wrap over the dough to make it easier to spread the dough without having it stick to your hands.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the edges are lightly golden brown (the center should be soft but not uncooked).
- Cool completely. Cut into squares.
Adapted from Cooking Classy
If you’d like to frost these sugar cookie bars instead, leave out the candy and nuts before baking. Once cooled, frost the dough with a mixture of ¼ cup butter, 2 cups powdered sugar, 2-3 tablespoons heavy cream, ½ teaspoon vanilla and a pinch of salt. Combine all ingredients – then feel free to add a drop or two of food coloring if desired.