- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream butter until light and fluffy.
- Add sugar, baking powder and salt and beat until well creamed.
- With mixer running, add one egg at a time and mix to combine. Scrape bowl and mix again.
- Add vanilla and optional Fiori di Sicilia and mix to combine.
- Add flour and mix on low until a thick, almost dough like batter is formed.
- Spray a 10 inch low rimmed cake pan with pan spray and pour in batter. Spread batter to edges.
- Place the two cups of cut up berries over top, seed side up.
- Sprinkle the Turbinado sugar over the top and bake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.