Note: This recipe comes together very quickly so make sure you have all ingredients prepared and ready before starting to cook.
- 12 ounces egg noodles or pasta such as fettuccine, linguini or spaghetti
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 ounces salt pork, diced very small (see here)
- ½ pound prosciutto diced into small pieces (stack slices and slice the long way into strips, then slice the opposite way into pieces)
- 1 cup light cream, heated in microwave but not to a boil
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Once boiling, add noodles and cook to al dente. Drain and toss with melted butter.
- At the same time, in a large sauté pan over medium high, heat oil and salt pork and cook until crisp. Add prosciutto and cook until meat is crisp. Drain off fat and discard.
- Place cooked meat, cream, peas, pepper and half the cheese back into the pan and cook just to hot. Add buttered noodles and remaining cheese. Toss and serve.