- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pint button or crimini mushrooms, cleaned and left whole or cut in half if large
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- Few grinds black pepper
- 1/8 cup bourbon
- Salt to taste
- In a large skillet, heat butter and olive oil until very hot.
- Add in cleaned mushrooms and sauté over medium high heat for 10-15 minutes until browned. If mushrooms are small, less time will be needed.
- Add garlic and pepper and toss.
- Remove pan from heat and add bourbon. This step is necessary so the bourbon does not flame up while you are pouring over heat. Always add the bourbon off of the heat.
- Quickly return pan to heat and allow to flame up by gently tilting pan over flame. If you are using an electric stove, you may need to light the pan with a match or just cook until alcohol has evaporated.
- Sauté a few seconds until flames subside.
- Remove from heat and add salt to taste and serve.
Keywords: bourbon, mushrooms