If you like a sweeter hot sauce, you can add an additional pear or fruit (mango, peach, etc.) before cooking.
- 1 cup drained jalapeno slices (from a jar)
- 4 tablespoons jalapeno liquid (from the same jar of peppers)
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne powder
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon cilantro
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar
- 1/8 teaspoon Tabasco
- ¼ teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce (optional)
- 1 teaspoon chili paste
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 ripe pear, skinned and seeded
- ¼ cup water
- Place all ingredients into a medium sauce pan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a low boil and boil covered for 20 minutes.
- Once the sauce is done, puree with an immersion blender until smooth.
- At this point you can jar the finished sauce and then seal using normal canning methods, or place in your refrigerator and use within two weeks.