For the Orange Balsamic Glaze
- 2 cups orange juice
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons freshly ground black pepper
For the Skewers
- 1 pound pork tenderloin, silver skin removed and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 granny smith apples cored, skin left on and cut into 8 wedges each
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
To make the Orange Balsamic Glaze
- In a small sauce pan, heat orange juice, vinegar, salt and two tablespoons of the black pepper. Note: this glaze is very strong and peppery so if you wish, cut the pepper by half. Bring to a boil and put on a fast simmer for about 20 minutes or until the sauce has been reduced by half.
To make the Skewers
- If using wooden skewers, soak the skewers in water for an hour.
- In a medium bowl, combine pork cubes, apple wedges, olive oil, salt and pepper. Mix to coat.
- Alternately thread the pork and apples onto the skewers and grill over a medium hot grill for 5-7 minutes turning often. You want the pork to be pink but not raw and the apples to still have a bit of crunch.
- During the last minute of cooking, brush with the glaze but be careful not to burn.
- To serve, brush the skewers with extra glaze and serve.