- 4 bone-in, skin-on chicken breasts
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Few grinds fresh black pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil for grill grates
- ¼ cup ketchup
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon liquid smoke
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- Preheat your grill to about 425-450 degrees.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over the skin of the chicken breasts.
- Brush the vegetable oil over the grill grates and place the chicken skin side down. Do not touch for 2 minutes. Flip and cook for 2 more minutes. Then move the breasts to an upper rack of the grill, close the cover and cook for ten minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix ketchup, maple syrup, vinegar, mustard, liquid smoke and salt.
- Brush on sauce to coat, close cover and cook for ten more minutes.
- Check for doneness by poking meat. If it springs back, it is done.
- Remove from grill and brush on more sauce.
- Serve remaining sauce with chicken.
Keywords: Perdue's Favorite Sweet and Smoky Chicken