This Pasta Primavera is equally delicious served warm or chilled.
- 3 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 4 ounces carrot sticks
- 4 ounces zucchini squash sticks
- 4 ounces summer squash sticks
- 4 ounces orange bell pepper strips
- 4 ounces yellow bell pepper strips
- 4 ounces onion strips
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped basil, divided
- 1 teaspoon dry oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- ½ pound tri-color spiral pasta (or other pasta of your choice)
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 4 ounces broccoli florets
- 2 teaspoons corn starch
- 1 cup drained, pitted black olives
- 4 ounces cherry or grape tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a large bowl place garlic, carrots, both types of squash, both types of peppers, onions, oil, 1 tablespoon basil, oregano, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Toss to coat and place on sheet pan and roast for ten minutes. Flip vegetables and roast for another ten.
- While vegetables are roasting, cook pasta according to package directions, drain and hold.
- In a small pan, heat stock to boil and place broccoli in stock. Blanch for 1 ½ minutes. Remove broccoli and set aside.
- Mix corn starch in a little water to make a slurry and add to hot stock. Stir and set aside.
- In a large bowl, place olives, tomatoes and parsley. Add roasted vegetables, cooked pasta and thickened chicken stock and toss gently to combine. Add Parmesan cheese and second tablespoon of fresh basil, toss.
- Serve with additional grated Parmesan and drizzled olive oil over each portion.