- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 7 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3 large eggs
- ¾ cup slightly chopped blanched almonds
- 2 tablespoons orange zest, finely grated and firmly packed when measuring
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Sift together the flour and baking powder in a medium-sized bowl.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the sugar and butter together until combined.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating until light and fluffy.
- Add in the almonds and orange zest, mixing until well combined.
- Add the flour mixture in slowly, mixing until fully combined.
- Divide the dough into two sections and shape each section into a slightly flat log about 9 inches long and 4-1/2 inches wide on each baking sheet. (Note: This size log will give you long biscotti. If you’d prefer shorter biscotti, you may form the dough into three narrower logs and adjust the cooking time per the directions below.)
- Bake the logs for 15-18 minutes at 350 degrees until very lightly browned and the center is cooked. (If you are baking 3 logs instead of 2, reduce your cooking time to 12-15 minutes.)
- Allow the logs to cool slightly.
- Using a serrated knife cut the baked dough diagonally into 1 inch wide slices. On the same parchment lined baking sheet, place each slice on its side so that one of the cut sides is facing up and bake again for 10 minutes.