- 1½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup fine cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ cup grated Parmesan
- ½ cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 teaspoons freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon fresh thyme, finely chopped
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, cornmeal and baking powder. Stir in Parmesan, walnuts, pepper, rosemary, thyme and garlic powder, mixing until well blended.
- Whisk together eggs, sugar & olive oil until well combined. Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients to form a dough. Put on a lightly floured surface and shape into two logs (approximately 10” x 3”). Transfer to baking sheet & press slightly to flatten logs.
- Bake 20-25 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool on the baking sheet for 13-15 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 300 degrees. Carefully transfer logs to a cutting board. Using a serrated knife, slice each log crosswise, on a slight diagonal, into ½-inch slices. Return slices to the baking sheet, laying them on their sides in a single layer.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Remove from the oven and carefully flip each slice over. Bake for 10-12 additional minutes. Cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.