- 1 large head organic cauliflower, trimmed down to the florets
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup sweet onion, diced small
- 2 cups organic fresh baby spinach
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoon butter (or clarified butter or ghee for Whole30)
- Bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil and add cauliflower. Cook just until tender, about ten minutes.
- While cauliflower is cooking, heat a medium sauté pan over medium high heat and add olive oil.
- Once hot, add onions and sauté for 4-5 minutes or until completely cooked.
- Add the spinach, toss and remove from heat.
- Drain the cauliflower but retain about a cup of the cooking water.
- Pulse the cauliflower until rice size but not pureed.
- Add the spinach mixture scraping the oil with it, salt, pepper, garlic powder and butter and pulse to combine. Do not over mix.
- If mixture is too thick, spoon a little of the cauliflower water in. We did not need to do that with ours.
- Serve immediately.